STATEMENT J & A Young (Leicester) Limited recognises the importance of environmental protection and is committed to operating its business responsibly and in compliance with all environmental regulations, legislation and approved codes of practice relating to the provision of plastic raw material and recycling services.
It is the Company’s objective to operate with, and to maintain good relations with all regulatory bodies.
It is the declared policy of J & A Young (Leicester) Limited to carry out all measures reasonably practicable to meet, exceed or develop all necessary or desirable requirements and to continually improve environmental performance through implementation of the following.
- A. Assessment and regularly re-assessment of the environmental effects of the Company’s activities.
- B. Assessment and regularly re-assessment of the Company’s environmental objects and targets.
- C. Training of all employees and management in Environmental Issues.
- D. Minimisation of the production of waste.
- E. Minimisation material wastage.
- F. Minimisation energy wastage.
- G. Promotion of the use of recyclable and renewable materials.
- H. Reduction and/or limitation of the production of pollutants to water, land and air.
- I. Control noise emissions from operations.
- J. Minimisation of the risk to the general public and employees from operations and activities undertaken by the Company.
This policy is communicated to all employees, suppliers and sub contractors and is made available to the public.